How to associate a rubric with an assignment
Once a rubric has been created, it can be associated with an existing assignment. Then users will be able to provide assignment peer-grading and/or feedback to student submissions according to the rubric. You can learn more about how to create an assignment here: How to create an Assignment.
This article will show you how to associate a rubric to an already existing assignment.
Be aware, from the moment you associate your rubric with an assignment, you will not be able to make any changes on the rubric. First, you will need to unlink the rubric to edit it and then, link it back to the assignment.
Tip - create a copy of the rubric. In that case, if you do want to make changes, simply use this copied rubric to do so.
Open the course page where you want to link a rubric to an Assignment. Then:
1. Navigate to Assessment
2. Click Assignments. This will lead you to the Assignments homepage
3. Click the arrow next to the name of the assignment you want to associate the Rubric with
4. Click Edit Assignment. This will open the assignment editor page
5. Stay in the Properties tab and scroll down to the section Evaluation and Feedback
6. Select the Grade item you want to associate the assignment and rubric with
7. Click Add Rubric. In the pop-up window, select the rubric you want to associate with the assignment and click Add Selected
8. Click Save and close
Now you have successfully associated your new rubric with an assignment!
Want to know more about rubrics? Please visit: