Classlist | How to create a WUR Guest Account
For guest lecturers with no WUR account it is possible to arrange a Guest Account so that they can use Brightspace.
This article will give you an overview on:
Please be aware that guestaccounts.wurnet.nl is only accessible from the WUR network and via MyWorkspace (from an external location)!
To go to the Guest Account page, type (or copy) the following link into an internet browser: https://guestaccounts.wurnet.nl/. Then,
- Click on New Guest Account
On the page Create Guest Account, fill in the required fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address - personal email address where the confirmation of guest account creation will be sent to
- Description - write simple information about who is the person the guest account is to be created for
- Expiration date - the date until when the guest account is needed to work
- Select enrollment - choose "Affiliate" so the account is be able to access Brightspace
- Click the button Create
Some suggestions for filling the fields:
- Use a meaningful description, like the name of the requester, or the course code or chair group.
- Please think carefully about the expiration date. Is the guest lecturer here only until the end of the calendar year? Let it expire on December 31st. The requester can always edit the expiration date if necessary (except for the situation mentioned in the bullet below).
- Please be aware that at the moment the WUR Guest Account will no longer be visible in the tool as soon as the expiration date has been reached. Therefore, as soon as the expiration date has been reached, the WUR Guest Account can no longer be extended.
For Guest Lecturers in Brightspace we only use the Affiliate enrollment type. It is not possible to login to SharePoint with a Guest Account.
Now, you will be asked to confirm the account you have created.
- Read the rules and regulations and check that you accept them
- Click the button Create account(s)
The guest will receive an e-mail to their personal email (if the email option 'Send new user confirmation email' is checked) with a link asking them to create a password.
A WiFi guest account can be created here: https://eva.eduroam.nl
Be aware that, the guest is NOT automatically enrolled in the Brightspace course. After the creation of the account, the user can be manually added.
For more information visit: How to enrol/unenrol users to the course.
Now you know how to create and use a WUR Guest Account!