Quizzes | How to edit quiz question visibility and properties
To open the settings and properties of questions in an existing quiz, first navigate to your course, then
- Click Assessment in the green navigation bar
- Click Quizzes
On the quiz homepage navigate to the quiz where you want to edit the properties of the questions. Then,
- Click on the quiz name
- Click on Edit
This will open the main quiz settings page. On the right pane,
- Click on Timing and Display
When expanding this Heading further settings and options can be added to the Quiz.
Teachers can set a time limit by selecting the Set time limit checkbox, which is cleared by default. If Set time limit is selected, instructors can add a Time Limit and edit the Timer Settings.
By clicking on Timer Settings the pop-up window Timing will appear, and you will see the following options:
- Automatically submit the quiz attempt
- Flag as "exceeded time limit" and allow the learner to continue working
- Do nothing: the time limit is not enforced
- Automatically submit the quiz attempt (default) - If this option is selected, the system automatically submit the quiz not submitted by the student at the expiration of the given time
- Flag as "exceeded time limit" and allow the learner to continue working - allows the student to continue working on the quiz after time has expired, flagging the student that the time limit has been exceeded
- Do nothing: the time limit is not enforced.
When students close the quiz window during the quiz by clicking on the X button, different confirmation messages will appear based on the quiz's Time Limit and End Date settings:
- No Time Limit and No end date: Confirmation to return later is shown.
- Time Limit and No end date: Confirmation about the quiz timer not pausing is shown.
- No Time Limit but has an end date: Confirmation to return before the ending date is shown.
- End date in the past: Confirmation that the student can't return to the quiz is shown.
Defines how the question will be shown as students take the Quiz. There are five options to choose from as shown in the picture below.
Select one of the below, to enable the option Prevent going back to previous pages
- 1 question per page
- 5 questions per page
- 10 questions per page
- Add page break after each section
Click on the tick box to create a randomized display of questions and sections of your quiz.
- Click the tick boxes to change the display settings.
- Click on the question mark to learn more about each setting.
You now know how to edit properties of quiz questions in Brightspace!