How to add and/or remove students to/from groups in GroupTool
GroupTool is based on the groups created via the Brightspace Groups. This means the enrollments of students in a group you see in GroupTool are linked to the enrollments made in the Brightspace Group.
However, in GroupTool there is a possibility to edit this enrollment.
This article will explain:
How to add a student to a group in the GroupTool
First, access the GroupTool. When new tab is open, in the left vertical bar select the Groups feature. In the Students panel,
- Click on the Selectbox at the left side of the student(s) name, that needs to be added to a group
- Click on the blue Add button in the next panel
When you are creating groups to link them with a TimeEdit event, make sure that you will not exceed the number of students that a room can fit. To do so;
- navigate to the tab Schedule,
- click the scheduled event on the calendar and
- check the capacity of the room, on the description field.
This action will automatically add the selected students to the group. As soon as this is completed, a confirmation pop up message will appear.
On the Students panel there would be also a green circle on the right side of the students name, indicating that the the student has been successfully added to the group.
How to remove a student from a group in the GroupTool
While in the Groups section, on the Brightspace groups panel first select the category and then the group that needs to be edited. Under the Group Enrollments a list will appear. To remove a student,
- Click on the Selectbox next to the student(s) name which needs to be removed from the group.
- Then, click the blue Remove button.
This action will automatically remove the students from the group. As soon as this is completed, a pop up message will appear confirming the removal.
On the Students panel there would be also no circle on the right side of the students name, indicating that the removal was successful.
Now you know how to add/or remove students to/from groups in the GroupTool!