How to access the Editor
The HTML Editor integrates with all Brightspace tools that have HTML content creation capabilities. For example, the HTML Editor is available when you edit discussion topics, create custom instructions for assignments, and create content topics.
In this article, you will learn how to:
There are several ways to access the Editor. For more information, please visit: Where to find the Editor.
Accessing the Editor from Content
Navigate to your course, in the green navigation bar,
1. Click on Content in the green navigation bar of your course
2. Select the module you want to add text or a file to using the HTML-editor
3. Click on Upload / Create
4. Click on Create a File
After this action, you will be redirected to Create a File homepage
5. Enter a Title
6. (Optional) Click on Select a Document Template, a drop-down menu will appear
7. (Optional) Select a Document Template
The option Select a Document Template can only be found when Creating a File.
8. Add content in the text box
Learn more about the available options in How to add text in the Editor.
9. (Optional) Click on Change Path below the text box, you can select where to save the content in Manage Files
For more information, please visit How to use Manage Files tool in Brightspace.
- Click Save and Close, this will publish the new item you created in the module
You now know how to access the Editor in Brightspace!