How to create a Self-Assessment
Self-assessments are a type of assessment that will allow students to independently assess their knowledge as they navigate through the course. While similar to quizzes, self-assessments are purely designed for students to evaluate their progress while quizzes are more focused on teachers using them as a grading opportunity.
This article will explain how to:
Create a self-assessment
Navigate to your course homepage. Then:
1. Click on Assessment in the green navigation bar
2. Then click on Self-Assessments to open the Self-assessment homepage
On the Self-assessment homepage:
3. Click on the blue New Self Assessment button to open the Self-assessment creation menu
This will open the New Self Assessment homepage.
Give the self-assessment a clear name. This field is obligatory.
Also, this will be the name visible in the list of Self-Assessments on the Self Assessment homepage.
You can decide to allow hints while students complete self-assessments. Moreover, you can choose to shuffle the questions every time a student undertakes the assessment.
You have now created your self-assessment. To further add/edit questions on your self-assessment:
9. Click on the newly-created assignment
10. Click on Add/Edit Questions
This option launches a new Question window to add questions to the assessment or edit existing ones.
For information on how to add a question to the self-assessment please follow: Adding questions to a Quiz
Once you are done Adding/Editing Questions you will be redirected to the Edit Self Assessment homepage.
11. Click on Save and Close to store and close the Self-assessment creation menu or Save to simply store your progress
You now know how to create Self-Assessments in Brightspace!
Want to know more about Self Assessment related topics?