How to reuse and duplicate H5P content
As you may have already discovered in the article How to set up H5P, H5P offers a big range of tools and possibilities. Here you will learn more of the options that H5P includes. This article will show you:
If you would like to interact, and share experiences and content with other colleagues that also use H5P, join the team H5P@WUR in MS Teams by clicking here.
How to reuse H5P content
When you want to reuse your H5P content within Brightspace, for example in another course, do not copy the content, but simply insert the particular H5P content from your H5P folder into the new course:
1. Navigate to Content in your course
2. Navigate to the module where you want to add interactive content
3. Click Upload/Create. A drop-down menu will open
4. Click Create a File. This will take you to the Create File homepage
5. Add a title for your new H5P file
6. Click the Add Stuff button. A pop-up window will open
7. Scroll down the Insert stuff pop-up and click on H5P
8. Click on your personal folder for H5P content
9. Click Insert next to the name of the H5P item you want to reuse
The next window will show you a preview of the content to be inserted.
10. Click Edit to make any change on the content
11. Click Refresh Preview to load again the item page after changes are made
12. When you are satisfied with the result, click Insert
Now the H5P content has been created and inserted into your module.
How to clone H5P content
You can clone your H5P content and modify the new item when you want to use an adapted version of your original content. To do so:
1. Navigate to your H5P folder according to the previous section
2. Click the three dots button on the top right of the window. A small dropdown menu will open
3. Click Clone
Now a new screen will appear where you can modify the content of the new cloned item.
4. Add a name to the new item in the Title box
5. Modify the item content as you need
6. Click Clone and Insert
The next window will show you a preview of the content to be cloned and inserted.
7. Click Edit to make any change on the content
8. Click Refresh Preview to load again the item page after changes are made
9. When you are satisfied with the result, click Insert
Now you have cloned and modified and H5P item and inserted it into your course module.