Rubrics | How to use rubrics
You can use rubrics to evaluate assignment submissions and discussion activities. This article will show you an example of how to evaluate student assignments submissions using a rubric. Follow the next steps to do so:
1. Navigate to Assessment
2. Click on Assignments
3. Click on the arrow next to the name of the assignment
4. Click View submissions
5. Click on the name of the student you want to check the submissions for. In this case, click on Dummy student. This will lead you to the student submissions page
6. In the student submissions page, click on the file name to open it
7. Click on the rubric name at the right side of the screen. This will open a new window with the rubric
8. To evaluate the student's submission, click on the level box for each criterion
9. Once all the levels are evaluated, click Close. This will take you back to the student submission screen
In the student submissions page, you will see the score received by the student.
10. (Optional) You can modify the Score manually
11. (Optional) You can provide Feedback
12. Click Update to save the changes
12. Click Back to submissions
13. Click Grades in the green navigation bar
In the Grades page now you should be able to see the grade of the dummy student synchronised. This dummy student received 9.17 points out of 10 available points fort the grade item 'assignment2'. In this example, the grade that is shown to the student is 9 according to the grading scheme that is set.
You can change the status of a rubric to Archived. to learn more about this check this article.
Congratulations, now you know how to use and evaluate with a rubric!
Want to know more about rubrics? Please visit: