How to use the Email tool in Brightspace
Brightspace allows you to communicate with your students via an integrated feature of email. You are able to directly send an email to your whole Classlist or a specific group set up in Brightspace. To send an email via Brightspace course page it is possible to do it:
This article will explain:
Send email from the Email tool
Navigate to your Brightspace course page. Then,
- Click Communication in the green navigation bar
- Click Email from the drop-down menu
The Email tool homepage opens. Here you will:
- Add email recipients
- Add email subject
- Add email body text
- optional: Attachments
- optional: Email signature
- Send email
You have the Email tool homepage open. Here,
- Click the button Address Book
A window pops up where you will select the recipients.
- Click the Selectbox by the name of the students you want to add to the email. If you wish to add all click the Selectbox at the top of the column.
- You can optionally filter the table results by clicking the field Filter By. This can be used if you want to email only certain group in your Brightspace course page.
- Click either To, Cc, or Bcc in blue letters located just above the table to add the recipients (they will appear in the field To or Cc or Bcc above the table).
Wait till the window refreshes itself with the selected users appearing in the Recipients field in the pop up window.
If you are too fast on clicking Add Recipients button this selection of course users will not appear in the Compose New Message page of the email.
- Click the blue button Add Recipients
The pop up window closes and you will land again on the Compose New Message page. The recipients you selected will appear in the field To or Cc or Bcc (as you selected).
The subject of an email drafted via Brightspace will start with the Course name (example: Beginner's course > ). This is to make it easier for the recipients to distinguish from which course they received the email since it is send via a generic Brightspace email (your name <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Once you set up everything click the blue button Send at the top of the Compose New Message page.
You now know how to send an email via Email tool in Brightspace!
Want to know more about communication with students via Brightspace?