How to use OneDrive in Brightspace
All WUR-accounts also have an Office365 account that includes OneDrive. OneDrive is an online storage platform that can also be used to share documents or upload files from. In this manual you find how to:
To log onto OneDrive simply use your WUR-email address to login. This will automatically log you in using your WUR-credentials.
Linking OneDrive in Brightspace
1. In any course, in the Content area click Upload / Create
2. From the drop-down menu, click Upload Files
3. In the pop-up window, click OneDrive Files
4. Click Sign in to your Office365 account
5. Enter your WUR e-mail address
6. Click Accept
You will now return to Brightspace and can add files from your OneDrive!
Logging onto OneDrive
OneDrive is set to accept your WUR-credentials through the single-sign-on system.
When using OneDrive for the first time (or browser history was cleared)
2. Fill in your WUR-email address
3. Click Next
If not yet logged onto a WUR-service, OneDrive will re-direct you to the login-page of the WUR. Fill in your credentials and click Sign-in.
If already logged on before, your account will be listed. Click your account.
You are now logged onto OneDrive using your WUR-account!
Sharing a file or folder from OneDrive in Brightspace
This manual will describe the steps to share a file. The steps to share a folder are identical.
When logged into OneDrive, navigate to the file that needs to be shared.
Mouse over the file (or in the case of a folder, the folder) that needs to be shared, Three dots will appear at the end of the file name ('Show actions').
Click the Show actions dots to show the available actions (see below).
1. When sharing through e-mail, click Share and follow the steps Sharing through e-mail below
2. When using a link and giving access to people with the link click Copy link and follow the steps Sharing with a link below
Changing or removing sharing rights in OneDrive
In OneDrive, go to the file or folder that needs the sharing rights changed or removed.
1. Mouse over the file or folder, and click the More actions dots
2. Click Details, this will open the details window on the right side of the screen
3. The current sharing settings will be listed here
4. Any activity will be shown here
5. To change the rights, click Manage access
6. All currently active access types will be listed here
7. When sharing with specific people, these will be listed here
8. To remove all access, click Stop sharing
9. Click on the arrow behind a name to change the access of people with Direct Access
10. Click the More actions dots to open more actions for a link
11. Click the X to remove the link
It is not possible to edit other properties of the shared link (for example to change from editing to viewing). Create a new link for this.
You now know how to edit or remove sharing access!