How to add SCORM/xAPI object to a course
SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) is a unit of online training material that can be shared across systems. SCORM defines as a specific way of constructing Learning Management Systems (LMS). In Brightspace, you can add SCORM packages to your course content in two different ways:
Please be aware of the difference between these modules and SCORM packages. A SCORM package has at least the documents index.htm(l) and imsmanifest.xml on the root of the zip. Is this not the case, then you are dealing with an e-module, which needs to be imported differently.
You can also add a SCORM package through Upload/Create in the desired module of your content. However, at this moment, this is not recommended because the SCORM report generated from this way is not as complete as if it was imported. Furthermore, the topic is directed to a different tab instead of integrated into Brightspace.
1. Click on the desired (sub)module
2. Click on Upload/Create
3. Click on New SCORM/xAPI Object
4. A new window opens. Click on Bulk Upload
5. A new window opens. Drop the SCORM/xAPI object in the dashed-box area
6. Before uploading the package you need to select the navigation options
- Select Use built in navigation (Default) if your package has built in navigation to prevent duplicating the existing navigation
- Select Add navigation controls if the package does not contain built in navigation, then add external navigation controls to the content
7. Click on Next
8. Click on the package you just uploaded. Click on Next
There are more options to select before adding the package:
- Grade item association for the SCORM module
- At how many attempts the grades will be calculated
- Version Control
9. Click on Add
The topic called Content Object is created in your module. You can rename it by clicking the drop down arrow next to the title and select Edit Properties In-place
You now know how to add a SCORM/xAPI package to your content!