How to use LabBuddy in Brightspace
LabBuddy is an e-learning tool that helps students to prepare their lab class and supports them during the execution of experiments with just-in-time information in the form of text, diagrams or video instructions. In Brightspace, LabBuddy is an integrated external learning tool and it can easily be added to the course (sub)module.
This manual will show you how to:
If you are interested in implementing this tool, please visit https://intranet.wur.nl/Project/BrightspaceWUR/Pages/T4xjoxhNT0qxUunzBIu2yQ for more information.
Integrating LabBuddy to Brightspace
- 1. Click on LTI link tab on the LabBuddy page that you want to link to the Brightspace page
- Click on Copy LTI link to clipboard
Navigate to your Course in Brightspace, in the green navigation bar,
- Click on Content
- Select the (sub)module you would like to add the LTI link to
- Click on Existing Activities, a drop-down menu will appear
- Click on External Learning Tools
In the pop-up window Add Activity, scroll down and,
- Click on Create New LTI Link
In the new pop-up window,
- Enter a title for the link
- Paste the copied LTI URL from Step 2
- Click on Create and Insert
- Click on the downward arrow in the newly created LabBuddy topic
- Click on Edit Properties In-place
- Tick the box Open as External Resource
Testing a LabBuddy-link
On the LabBuddy page,
- Click on Log out (top-right or lower-left corner)
On your Brightspace page,
- Click on the LabBuddy link you want to test
If you are logged into LabBuddy, the link works.If you get an 'access denied' message check if any of the steps were skipped.
You now know how to use LabBuddy in Brightspace!