How to add an Audio file or a Video to a course
In the content of your course, you can add Video or Audio files, either by uploading the file from your computer or by embedding a Web Video or Audio.
This article explains how to upload a
First, navigate to your Brightspace course page. Then,
- Click on Content in the green navigation bar
- Go to (sub) module where the supporting media wants to be added
- Click Upload / Create
- Click on Video or Audio. A pop-up window will open
Upload a Web Video or Audio file
- Select the Web Video or Audio tab to include an external link of the video.
- Search for the desired video in the corresponding website, for example on YouTube. Copy the URL or enter embed code of the video/audio and paste it in the 'Enter Url or Embed Code' box
- Add a title
- Click Save.
You will be returned to the (sub)module with the link to the web video file added.
Video sites that can be embedded
Embedding means the integration of content, usually a photo, video or audio file, that is published elsewhere into other web media. Just like adding a URL, you do not download and upload the content, but view it in the original source. To see it directly on the website, embed the media to avoid a link to the source in your text.
This does not matter here: Brightspace always includes media, even if it is a URL. Find the embed code on most websites under the share button.
Upload a Video or Audio file from a computer
There are two ways to upload a video/audio file from a computer in the Content of a course. A file can be either dragged and dropped in the content or uploaded by the following process.
First, Navigate through the content to the Upload of Video or Audio and then:
- Select Upload to upload a video from your computer
Drop your video or audio file here to upload or Browse...
- If you select Browse... a new window will pop-up to select the file from the computer
After the video is uploaded, you will be able to
- Add a title. A title will automatically appear
- Optional: Add Subtitles
- Click Save.
You will be returned to the (sub)module with the link to the video file added.
You now know how to add an audio file or a video to Brightspace!