How to add an Assignment to Content
Once an Assignment has been created, it can be linked to a specific area of the Content. For example, adding the Assignment to a specific week of the course.
For more information, please visit: How to create an Assignment
This article will show how to:
Adding the Assignment to the content area
Make sure the Assignment is set to visible in the Assessments tab! (See Make Visible to Users)
Navigate to your course, in the green navigation bar
1. Click on Content
This action will open the Content page,
2. Click on the (sub)module where you want to add the Assignment
3. Click on Existing Activities
4. Click on Assignments, a pop-up window will appear
In the pop-up window Add Activity,
5. Click on the Assignment you wish to add to Content
The pop-up page will close, the Assignment has been successfully attached to the (sub)module in Content.
Students cannot see whether the Assignments placed in the Content are group or individual Assignments. They can only see it via the Assessment tab.
Edit Properties In-place for group assignments
When a Group Assignment has been selected and added to the Content, it is not recognizable as a group Assignment to students (see below). To make this explicit it can be useful to add a description,
1. Click on the downward arrow on the right of the Assignment name, a drop-down menu will appear
2. Click on Edit Properties In-place
After this action, more options will appear
3. Click on Add a description
After this action, the Editor will appear,
4. Add a description
5. Click on Update
After this action, the description will appear
You now know how to add an Assignment to Content in Brightspace!