How to add Documents to a course
In the Content, you can post and organise course content so that information about course expectations, course syllabus, lecture notes, and important dates display to users clearly. Course materials posted in Content can include documents, images, media files, URL links, and existing course activities.
In this article, you will learn how to:
You can add a document by:
If you want to learn more about Content in general, check out How to use Content
Adding documents to a course
Navigate to your course, in the green navigation bar
1. Click on Content
This will open the Content homepage, then
2. Click on the desired (sub)module where you want your documents to be added to
There are two ways to adding a document to your (sub)module, either by Uploading a file or by dragging or dropping a file.
3. Click on the blue button Upload/Create, a drop-down menu will appear
4. Click on Upload Files
A pop-up window will open,
5. In Add a File, choose one of the following options to add a file
- My Computer - to upload your document (s) from your computer
- Course Offering Files - if the course materials already added to Manage Files
- OneDrive Files - to add documents from your OneDrive
If you are using this option for the first time you will be prompted to sign in first. Click the button to sign in and you will be automatically signed in to your WUR OneDrive. In the next step you will be able to see its contents, the folders and documents of your personal WUR OneDrive.
Once you have selected from where you want to Add a File from (i.e My Computer), in the same pop-up window
6. Click on Upload and select your files or drag and drop them directly within the dotted line box
By choosing a Destination, to keep a clear overview of all documents, choose where to store your files in the folder structure of your course. Please visit, the following link to know more: How to use Manage Files tool in Brightspace
This action will Upload the files,
10. Click on the blue button Add
This action will close the pop-up Add a File, and the document will appear in the Content
Choose a file from your computer, Drag and drop files within the dashed lines
The box will turn blue
The file was added to your (sub)module
You now know how to add a document to your course content in Brightspace!