How to add a Group self-enrolment link to Content
In the Groups tool in Brightspace, it is possible to select an enrolment type for your group category according to your course design and activities. Once groups have been created, they will be accessible from the Communication tab. However, sometimes it is useful to link it in the Content are of the course.
This article will show how to:
Adding a Group Self-enrolment link to Content
To add a link to let your students self-enrol in a group, you first need to create a self-enrolment group in your Brightspace course. Check the article How to create a Group and keep in mind the Group Category enrolment types
Once you have created Self-enrolment groups,
1. Click on Content in the green navigation bar
2. Navigate to the (sub)module in which the link needs to be placed
3. Click on Upload/Create
4. Click on Create a File. This will take you to the Create a File screen
4. Add a Title
5. Click on Insert Quicklink icon
The insert quicklink menu will open as a pop-up window, scroll down
6. Click on Self Assessments
In the same pop-up window, you will be redirected to Self-Enrolment Groups
7. Click on the name of the Self-enrolment category you wish to attach
The pop-up page will close, the link was added to the editor box
8. (Optional) Add text in the editor box
9. Click on Save and Close
The self-enrolment link will appear in your course module. Students can now click on the link to self-enrol to groups.
Students are also able to register to groups from the Communication Tab. For further information, please visit: How to subscribe to a group in Brightspace self-enrolment
You now know how to link your self-enrolment group to Content in Brightspace!