How to edit properties and move a topic in Content
Content can be organised by changing the order of modules or topics, moving topics from one module to another, and nesting one module within another.
This article will show how to:
Edit properties In-place of a topic
Navigate to your course, in the green navigation bar,
1. Click on Content
2. Navigate to the (sub) module where the topic is located
3. Click on the downward arrow next to the topic name
4. Click on Edit Properties In-place
More editing options will appear,
- (Optional) Add dates and restrictions... - to add a start, due and end date as well as restrictions
- (Optional) Add a description... to add a short description about the topic
- Eye icon - to make an icon visible or invisible
- (Optional) Completion method, a drop down menu will appear,
- Select the completion method of the topic:
- Required: Automatic - completion of the topic will be made automatically
- Required: Manual - completion has to be made manually by the students
- Not Required - completion of the topic will not be made
- Bin icon - to delete the item
When selecting Required: Manual students can keep track on their own progress
Moving a topic within a module
There are two different ways to move a topic within a module
You now know about Editing properties In-place and moving a topic in Content!
Want to know more about Content in Brightspace?