How to preview a quiz
After a quiz has been created, it is possible to see a preview of it to check how the student will experience this kind of assessment. This manual will shown you how to preview a quiz.
Follow the next steps to preview a quiz:
- Navigate to Assessments in the navigation bar
- From the drop-down menu, click on Quizzes, this will open the Quiz homepage
3. Click on the black arrow next to the quiz name. A drop-down menu will open
4. Click on Preview
Now you will see the Preview Quiz page, where you can check all the general details of the quiz that you are going to preview, such as quiz period, time allowed, attempts available, and instructions. You can also leave this page by clicking Exit Preview in the top right side of the screen.
5. (Optional) Check the Bypass Restrictions option to run the quiz preview without any of the (possibly) enabled restrictions
6. Click on Start Quiz!
Now you will see the preview of the quiz. This is the same view as the students will see of the questions.
7. Go through the quiz answering the questions
8. When the quiz is finished, click on Submit Quiz
In the following screen you will see the Quiz Submission Confirmation page
9. (Optional) Click on Allow this preview attempt to be graded in the Grade Quiz area if you want to check the grades received from this quiz preview in the quiz submissions page. The result will not be included in the statistics.
10. Click on Submit Quiz
Now you will see the results preview according to the Submission view set in the quiz. Learn more about Submission Views in the article Submission views.
11. Click on Done
After clicking Done, the Quiz Submissions window will be shown. When additional views are set, other submission views are available in the drop-down menu under Submission View.
12. Click on the attempt if you want to see again the submission view preview.
13. Click on Exit Preview. This will take you back to the Quizzes homepage
Now you know how to preview a Quiz!