How to use the Calendar in Brightspace
Use the Calendar tool to arrange and visualize course events in multiple views and enable the integration of course content and your Calendar.
This article will show you how to:
Navigating to your Calendar
Start from your WUR Brightspace homepage. Then:
1. Click on the arrow next to Calendar
2. Click on Go to Calendar
You have now accessed the Calendar page.
Explaining the Calendar page
On the Calendar page you can see multiple things:
Top bar options
The five different modalities of showing events in your calendar:
- Agenda: This is the view mode your agenda is currently on. In this view mode, events are described with a text description and plenty of details on e.g. time, type of event, and related course(s).
- Day: In this view mode the events for each day are shown, and the time slot that each event occupies. By clicking on such an event, a small pop-up page opens with more details about the event.
- Week: This mode distributes events amongst two axes: on the X-axis, the days of the week are shown and on the Y-axis the hours of each day.
- Month: Here, the small calendar on the right is expanded and shown in more detail. The X-axis displays the days of the week, and on the Y-axis the progression of the month. Each day is filled with coloured boxes with a small description of each event of the day.
- List: This view mode only shows the events in order of upcoming date. The events shown can be filtered by their category (e.g. to show only the Materials and the Assignments)
Body of the page
Click on the arrow buttons to change the extension of the agenda shown to, for example, Next 7 days and Next 14 days.
The name of the calendar displayed will depend on where you visit your Calendar page from; e.g. if you visit the Calendar from your course it will display the name of the course; if you visit it from the WUR Brightspace homepage it will show the name Wageningen University & Research.
When selecting a certain calendar from the list, it will show the activities of that particular Calendar. You have the option to choose for example the calendar of one specific course. In order to do so, click on All Calendars and choose the course you want to have agenda information on.
The Calendar on the right of your screen shows a monthly overview.
- The current date is in blue numbers.
- The dates that carry the blue dots underneath them are dates that have events or tasks planned.
The calendar helps to give a quick overview of when these moments are.
Here you are able to manage your personal tasks:
- Subscribe to a task
- Set all Completed
- Delete tasks
First, you will have to create a task. You can do so by clicking in the field Add a task. Once you create a task it will appear in the list of Tasks:
Click on the task to add due date and a note.
You now know how to use the Calendar!