How to manage an Announcement
Announcements can be used to update students quickly and easily about important course information.
It is possible to easily delete and retrieve Announcements.
This article will show how to manage your Announcements:
Go to the Announcements Tool on the Course Home.
1. Click on the downward arrow next to Announcements
2. Click on Go to Announcements Tool
This action will open the Announcements page, you will see list of created announcements.
3. Click on the downward arrow right next to the Announcement name, a drop down menu will appear:
- To Edit the Announcement - the options are the same as when Making an Announcement
- To View the Announcement
- To Dismiss from Widget - this option will make the Announcement invisible on the Course Home
- To Delete the Announcement
To Delete multiple Announcements in one go, select the announcements by:
1. Either ticking the box next to a specific individual announcement or ticking the box next to Title to select all the announcements in one go.
2. Then, click on Delete
- Click on the gray button More Actions, a drop-down menu will appear
- From the list click on Restore
This action will open a new window with the list of deleted announcements. Navigate to the announcement(s) you wish to restore:
3. Click on the Select box in front of the announcement(s) title
4. Click on the blue-button Restore
When you are adjusting your announcement, you can ensure that all participants of your course directly receive a notification of the updated announcement. In order to do this, tick the box in the Edit Announcement screen (this is done via the drop-down arrow of an Announcement, by pressing Edit. Tick the option Major edit - send a notification and restore it for those who dismissed it (found below the HTML-editor).
You now know how to manage your Announcements in Brightspace!
Want to know more about Communication with students via Brightspace?