How to create an Intelligent Agent for Unicheck submissions
Unicheck is a similarity detection tool for Brightspace that will replace TurnItIn (Tii) as of January 1st, 2021. Currently, Unicheck is not as integrated into Brightspace as Tii was and is an External Learning Tool that therefore needs to be attached separately to a Brightspace assignment. However, Unicheck offers novel (optional) settings such as a Student Pre-check, which allows students to check their rough drafts for similarities before handing in their final drafts.
Brightspace has an option for the lecturer to notify their course students in an automated way about changes or actions to perform in the course they follow. This tool is called Intelligent Agent. This tool will be useful to automatically remind students to hand in the same assignment via two different portals - one for the Unicheck similarity report and one for grading.
This article will explain how to:
Create the Intelligent Agent
This article assumes that the two final assignments have already been created: How to create a Unicheck assignment
Navigate to your course,
1. Click on Course Tools in the navigation bar, a drop-down menu will appear
2. Click on Intelligent Agents
This action will take you to the Agent list homepage.
3. Click on the blue button New
This action will take you to the New Agent homepage
4. Give the Agent a Name
Under Release Conditions:
5. Click on Create and Attach, where a pop up window will appear
6. Click on the downward arrow under Condition Type, a drop-down menu will appear
7. Under Assignments, click on Submissions to Folder.
The Condition Details heading will appear.
8. Click on the downward arrow under Assignment Submission Folder, choose the assignment you wish to attach the condition to. In this case - Individual Report Unicheck (1/2)
9. Click on the blue button Create
10. Under Send an Email, tick the box next to Send an email when criteria are satisfied
11. Click on the Address book
Take action only the first time the agent's criteria are satisfied for a user - all users that satisfy the agent's criteria receive only one email no matter how many times the agent is evaluated. Take action every time the agent is evaluated and the agent's criteria are satisfied for a user - the agent sends an email to all users that satisfy its criteria every time the agent is evaluated.
12. Tick the box on the top left corner, this will select all the contacts
13. Click on To
14. Click on the blue button Add Recipients
15. Add a Subject
16. Write a message
17. Tick the box next to Use Schedule
18. Click on Update Schedule
A pop-up window will appear, choose scheduling for the Agent
The agent's Schedule determines how frequently Learning Environment evaluates the agent's criteria and so how often the agent takes action for users who satisfy its criteria.
If no schedule is defined for the agent, you must manually run an Intelligent Agent to evaluate its criteria and initiate the associated action.
18. Click on the blue button Update
The pop-up will close and you will be re-directed to the New Agent homepage
19. Click on the blue button Save and Close
In order to see if your agent runs properly, you can do a Practice Run. Please visit the following article for further information: How to test an Intelligent Agent
You now know how to create an Intelligent Agent for Unicheck Submissions in Brightspace!