How to delete files from Manage Files tool
Your course Manage files stores all the documents, files, images you upload to your Brightspace course page. In case a file is not needed it can be deleted. However, deleting a file from Manage files it will also delete this file from the (sub)module in Content view.
This article will explain:
Deleting a file or folder from Manage files cannot be undone!
How to delete a file from Manage files
To delete an existing file from your course Manage files
1. Navigate to Course Tools
2. Select Manage Files
The page of Manage files tool will open.
3. In the left panel click on the [folder name] from where you want to delete the files (it will highlight in blue)
The content of the file will open on the right.
4. Click the selectbox of the file(s) which you want to delete. You can select and delete more than one file at once.
5. Click the icon Bin to delete the files
If the file has an icon of a chain next to its title, it means the file is used and connected to some module in Content. If you delete such file it will delete the file from Content.
A window pops out with confirmation about deleting the selected files.
6. Click the blue button Yes if you are sure to delete the selected files.
You have deleted the file from the Manage files of your Brightspace course page.
If the file has been linked to some module in the Content view it will be indicated by a Broken link warning in the module
How to delete a folder in Manage files
When you are deleting a folder in Manage files, make sure it is not connected (via the Default Path) to a module in your Content. If you delete a folder in Manage files you are deleting also its content, meaning that the files will be removed from the Content view.
To delete a folder from Manage files
1. Click on the [folder name] one level up (from where the to-be-deleted folder is located) in the left panel so it highlights in blue and it appears in the right side
Example: Week 1 folder needs to be deleted
2. Click the selectbox of the folder you want to delete
3. Click the icon of a Bin to delete the folder
A window pops out with a confirmation message about deleting the folder.
4. Click the blue button Yes if you are sure you want to delete the folder
You have now deleted a (sub)folder from your Manage Files in Brightspace. This action cannot be undone.
You now know how to delete files and (sub)folders from Manage Files in Brightspace!