How to use Knowledge clips in Brightspace
A knowledge clip is a short video that is made in studio or on location and is about one topic, with one learning goal. If you have any questions or comments about the service of Knowledge clips or one of its components you can take a look at the educational video intranet page. If your question is not listed you can contact email@example.com.
The basic principle behind knowledge clips at Wageningen University & Research is that they should serve as a reference and are only intended for students in the relevant course. If you make the recording available via one of the recommended ways on Brightspace all the users of the Brightspace page will be able to see the added knowledge clips.
This manual will show how to:
- Add a knowledge clip to a Brightspace (sub)module
Adding knowledge clips to a module
1. In the navbar of the course click on Content
2. Click on the module Knowledge clips
3. Click on Existing Activities, this will open a drop-down list
4. Click on External Learning Tools, this will open the External Learning Tools pop-up window
5. From the External Learning Tools pop-up window, click Knowledge clips, this will add the Knowledge clips learning tool to the module
6. Click on the new Knowledge clips learning tool
7. Fill in a keyword for searching
8. Click Search
9. Tick the box of the videos that need to be included in the custom selection
10. If needed, you can select all videos on the page, or clear your entire selection by clicking Deselect all
11. When a single video is selected, there is the option to show it as a thumbnail, a link with custom text (for example a short description), or an embedded player. For the embedded player there is the option to Autoplay the video when opened.
12. When all required videos are selected, click Save
You now know how to use Knowledge clips in Brightspace!