How to add formulas to the Editor
The Brightspace Editor tool makes it possible for users to easily formulas within their course content.
In this manual, you will learn how to:
There are several ways to access the Editor. For more information, please visit: Where to find the Editor
Adding formulas to the Editor
First, navigate to the editor box where you would like to add text. Follow the next steps to add formulas in your editor window:
1. Click on the three dots
After this action, more settings will appear
2. Click on the downward arrow next to the Sigma icon. A drop-down menu will open,
3. Click on one of the following options:
For more information about MathML and LaTeX equation, please visit: How to add Math using MathML and LaTeX
The graphical equation is equipped with a toolbar that provides the necessary elements to construct your equations. It has the most visual options and it is best suited for those who only use equations occasionally.
It is recommended that you start building the structure of your equation before entering specific numbers and inline notation in each section of the equation.
The Graphical equation will open as a pop-up window, you will see several tabs containing symbols and functions that allow you to manually build formulas.
4. Enter the formula by clicking on the symbols
There are several tabs available, General (only available for Graphical equations), Chemistry (only available for Chemistry equations), Symbols, Calculus, Matrices, etc.
5. (Optional) Click on </> to Generate a preview
In the same pop-up, the MathML code view will appear.
1. Click on Generate a preview to preview the formula. The generated formula will appear below
Now you can see how the formula will look like in the editor window. Once you are satisfied,
2. Click on </> to go back to the formula editor
Once the Equation has been inserted,
6. Click on the blue button Insert
You now know how to add formulas to the Editor in Brightspace!