How to manage an Intelligent Agent
This article will explain how to manage an Intelligent Agent through the following activities:
Enabling, disabling and removing an Intelligent Agent
First, navigate to Course Tools in the green navigation bar of your course, then select Intelligent Agent option.
In the Agents List homepage:
1. Check the select box at the left of the Intelligent Agent's name
2. Above the table with the list of Intelligent Agents, click one of these options:
- Enable - to enable the Intelligent Agent
- Disable - to disable the Intelligent Agent
- Delete - to delete the Intelligent Agent
You can also delete an Intelligent Agent by clicking on the arrow next to the agent's name. A drop-down menu will open. Click on Delete.
Restore an Intelligent Agent
If you deleted an Intelligent Agent, you can retrieve it and easily restore a deleted Intelligent Agent. To do this, go to the Agent List home page and follow these instructions:
- Click on More Actions
- Click on Restore
This will take you to the Restore Agents page where you can see the deleted Intelligent Agents.
3. Click Restore in the right side of the agent's row to restore it
The restored agent will appear again the Agent List page.
It is possible to track the actions performed by an Intelligent Agent through history to see when and to whom an email has been sent by a specific Intelligent Agent. To do this, follow the next steps:
- Click on the arrow next to the agent's name
- Click on View History to open the agent's history page
In the history page, you will see the actions performed in a form a table with following data:
- Date - shows when the Intelligent Agent has evaluated.
- Result - shows how many students met the criteria of that Intelligent Agent.
- Type - shows the type of evaluation. This can be Manual Run, Practice Run or Scheduled Run.
- Run By - shows whether the Intelligent Agent has been evaluated manually by a user or automatically by the system.
3. Click on # users identified in the column Result
The history page of a specific agent's action will open. Here it is possible to see the list of students that received an action by the Intelligent Agent.
By clicking Email sent, you can read the sent email if applicable.
Export Agent history to Excel
It is also possible to export the history to an Excel file.
You can do this by two different ways:
This will open the Export Agent History page.
3. Under Select an Agent, click on the arrow and a drop-down menu will open. Choose the Agent(s) you want to export the history for
4. Enter from which date (From This Date) to which date (To This Date) you want to export the history
5. Click Export
You can optionally check the box Include Practice Runs to also export the practice runs of the agent.
A new page called Export Success will open.
6. Click on the link to download a .csv file containing the Intelligent Agents history.
The file will be downloaded to your computer in the .csv format.
To import a .csv file into Excel please follow the instructions of Microsoft.
Congratulations! You now know how to manage an Intelligent Agent in Brightspace!
Want to know more about Intelligent Agents in Brightspace?